Summertime Inspiration

As often happens, in the midst of pondering a situation, some bloggy inspiration comes my way.

Problem(s):

#1- Summer is here and it is quickly passing us by. Reality is that we have had some pretty big stuff going on around here. Things that truly derail the routine. As it happens, I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but suspect that summer will be over before we have a chance to join in the fun if I don't take action.

#2- My attitude needs some adjusting. I am sure the craziness of the last few months has contributed to snippiness (according to spell check this is not a word, but it accurately describes my condition), but I don't want the overriding theme of the summer to be "who spiked mom's cheerios?".

Bloggy Inspiration To The Rescue:

Make a Bucket List thanks to Patty @ Reasons for Chocolate. Just listening to her play list when you visit her blog will give your summer a boost! :)

Make Every Weekend Count List from Jen @ Forever, For Always, No Matter What. Making sure to not let the short midwest summer go without taking full advantage took the form a super fun list of things to do.

Summer Diary by Nikki @ Whimsy Love. This really brought me back to my daughters' "little girl days".

To Make My Home a Haven via Phyllis @ All Things Beautiful. I was blog browsing (the beauty of a portable device!) last night while the heat was making it impossible to sleep when I read this idea. Phyllis originally read about the concept at Homespun Heart. Reading these posts was a breath of fresh air for me.

You can read about day #1 of our "new attitude" here!

Linking to: No Ordinary Blog Hop

Comments

  1. I am glad Home Haven was an answer to your need. I have to remind myself to step back sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link up! The summer time is a good time to get an attitude adjustment :) We are looking forward to July when we can really get a break. Look forward to your new attitude post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am returning the follow from the hop. I also homeschool my kids so I am glad that we can connect. My children's books are great for homeschoolers because they are all educational and fun. Topics can be spun off them to include in teaching. Thanks again for stopping.
    Renee
    www.reneeahand.com
    http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori,
    That's great you have found ideas and inspirations in blog land! Great links you have here! Thank you for linking up to NOBH! I just wanted to let you know that this post you have linked up was put under the host category at NOBH and the host category is for the 6 hosts of NOBH to link up their current posts.(I'm one of the 6 hosts) But, I see this post in the "New to NOBH" category which is correct. So we are going to delete your post from the "host" category. I just wanted to let you know and thank you so much for joining NOBH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention. I just posted the other day about the frustrations of being too busy...not in a good way either. Trying to focus more on my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Cookies & A Menu Board

In Instagram...

In Support of "Honoring Our Husband"