Not that I haven't mentioned this curriculum enough over the last few weeks, but I am excited to have my review of Galloping the Globe posted over at Curriculum Choice. Stop by and take a look! :)
Two more things made via Pinterest! I am not planning on joining in "Pinning it Down" every week, but I am enjoying the inspiration- inspiration to get making stuff and inspiration seeing what others have done using Pinterest. I decided to make these simple cookies this weekend- before I knew it, James (8yo) had my old apron on and was asking "what are we making?". Well, the recipe did say that any 4 year old could make it. After telling him he had to find the camera first (if we cook together, I take pictures.;)), we got cookin'. Checking out the recipe . Fortunately, the not entirely kid appropriate title is written all as one very big word, so he did not even try to read it. Pouring in the Karo and sugar. and thinking it does not smell super delicious. Then adding peanut butter... and starting to think that these might not be too bad after all. Mixing in the Corn Flakes. Drop by tablespoons and drizzle chocola...
I just clicked over to a blog post about this topic and found, surprising to me, that this is "controversial topic". I admit to confusion. My husband lifts me up- He tells me I'm pretty (I am decidedly not, but that is okay- he really truly believes I am and that is good enough for me!!). He asks me if he can pick up anything from the grocery store on his way home from work, he grocery shops (how can I not love a man who grocery shops!). He "dates" me! Like once a week he opens the car door for me , takes me to restaurant, sits across the table from and acts like I am his entire world. He brings me flowers and he buys me cards (sometimes just to say "I love you"). He gets up every.single.morning. at 5 a.m. and works his bloody a@$ off all day long to support our family. He listens to me, he spends time with me, he even recently offered to watch the entire Pride and Prejudice mini series with me (with all boys left at home, I'm feeli...
Look at me writing 2 posts so close together!! So... I have loved listening to the podcasts on morning time called "Your Morning Basket". I have listened to all of them. Very inspiring! They are all worthwhile to listen to, but I have to tell you that episode #2 with Andrew Pudewa is a game changer (in the homeschool sense). We have had our own variations on morning time in our house. When my girls were younger (they are now 31, 30, 28 and 22 years old), we had "seat work time" and "couch time". I'd say that couch time was our version of what is now being called morning time. For the most part, we read historical fiction, discussed history (I would either read from or discuss from a text), learned a little geography, read the bible, had prayer time, and had some pretty fun discussions. There was a transition when my now 28 year old became sort of a teachers helper for her younger sister. I remember working on art appreciation with her at the h...
Comments
Post a Comment