American History Part 1
I shared our plans for history this year. Now we are doing the history that I planned.
***(Please see the end of this post for an update on how to obtain the episode guides)
Colonies/Rebels (leading up to the Revolutionary war)-
America: The Story of Us- Episode 1 Rebels
Vocabulary- Episode 1 Classroom Guide
Discussion Questions- Episode 1 Classroom Guide
Powhatan Address To John Smith, 1609 w/Discussion Questions- Episode 1 Classroom Guide page 3
On the Trail of Captain John Smith at National Geographic for Kids
Working on-
Hands-On History Colonial America (purchased for $1 at Scholastic!)
3-D maps by Scholastic of Jamestown and the Voyage of the Mayflower
Reading-
Blood on the River James Town, 1607
*Added to my resources section:
this activity file from History.com -I'm not ready to use it yet, but I want to be sure to remember it.
family viewing guide from History.com - Not comprehensive, but includes a very brief synopsis, a key events outline, and a family challenge question or two for each episode.
Thankful to Nicole at Journey to Excellence for spending the time to write out and share her lesson plans from last year AND to my friend, Tamara, who also shared with me her history plans and resource list that was prepared for the lower grades.
***(Please see the end of this post for an update on how to obtain the episode guides)
Colonies/Rebels (leading up to the Revolutionary war)-
America: The Story of Us- Episode 1 Rebels
Vocabulary- Episode 1 Classroom Guide
Discussion Questions- Episode 1 Classroom Guide
Powhatan Address To John Smith, 1609 w/Discussion Questions- Episode 1 Classroom Guide page 3
On the Trail of Captain John Smith at National Geographic for Kids
Working on-
Hands-On History Colonial America (purchased for $1 at Scholastic!)
3-D maps by Scholastic of Jamestown and the Voyage of the Mayflower
Reading-
Blood on the River James Town, 1607
*Added to my resources section:
this activity file from History.com -I'm not ready to use it yet, but I want to be sure to remember it.
family viewing guide from History.com - Not comprehensive, but includes a very brief synopsis, a key events outline, and a family challenge question or two for each episode.
Thankful to Nicole at Journey to Excellence for spending the time to write out and share her lesson plans from last year AND to my friend, Tamara, who also shared with me her history plans and resource list that was prepared for the lower grades.
UPDATE- the above link is broken.
You should be able to get the guides this way:
By searching "American The Story of Us Episode ___" (fill in numbers 1-10 one at a time), you can find the guides!! You can use the link below to get started and should be able to just change the episode number to get to the next pdf, but I was directed to "no page found" more than once. Just do a new search using the episode number you are on. If you want to use these guides, I suggest printing or saving them all now.
I hope that you enjoy your year using America: The Story of Us as much as we did. I never learned so much!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this with all of us at NOBH! I have America The Story of Us that has been sitting on my shelf, waiting for me to use it. My oldest will be a freshman next year and I may just use this now that I see there are others who have created plans before me! ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks great I have the America video on my wish list for when we start to study this time:-)
ReplyDeleteWe haven't watched a history video in a long time. Thanks for the reminder. And thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteI just got some of those books after seeing another post reminding me about these.
ReplyDeleteWe are using the Story of Us in our history plans this year, as well as the 3D Maps. Great stuff!
ReplyDelete