Beautiful photos, Laurie! It looks like a great day in the City...I did NOT know there is a memorial to Francis Scott Key!? That's so cool. In Golden Gate Park? I'll have to remember that and pay it a visit next time we are there:)
Two more things made via Pinterest! I am not planning on joining in "Pinning it Down" every week, but I am enjoying the inspiration- inspiration to get making stuff and inspiration seeing what others have done using Pinterest. I decided to make these simple cookies this weekend- before I knew it, James (8yo) had my old apron on and was asking "what are we making?". Well, the recipe did say that any 4 year old could make it. After telling him he had to find the camera first (if we cook together, I take pictures.;)), we got cookin'. Checking out the recipe . Fortunately, the not entirely kid appropriate title is written all as one very big word, so he did not even try to read it. Pouring in the Karo and sugar. and thinking it does not smell super delicious. Then adding peanut butter... and starting to think that these might not be too bad after all. Mixing in the Corn Flakes. Drop by tablespoons and drizzle chocola...
I just clicked over to a blog post about this topic and found, surprising to me, that this is "controversial topic". I admit to confusion. My husband lifts me up- He tells me I'm pretty (I am decidedly not, but that is okay- he really truly believes I am and that is good enough for me!!). He asks me if he can pick up anything from the grocery store on his way home from work, he grocery shops (how can I not love a man who grocery shops!). He "dates" me! Like once a week he opens the car door for me , takes me to restaurant, sits across the table from and acts like I am his entire world. He brings me flowers and he buys me cards (sometimes just to say "I love you"). He gets up every.single.morning. at 5 a.m. and works his bloody a@$ off all day long to support our family. He listens to me, he spends time with me, he even recently offered to watch the entire Pride and Prejudice mini series with me (with all boys left at home, I'm feeli...
The big event this week was celebrating our 32nd wedding anniversary. We had a beautiful day... if you'd like to see, you can pop over to my other blog to take a peek. :) It was a pretty magical day. On to this post. My daughter started me on Instagram. I enjoy it as a low key way of keeping in touch with my sister, sister-in-law, and daughters. I love seeing just a few snapshots each day of what is going on in their lives. In the absence of time to do write much in the way of a post, these are our most recent photos... Paul and Mark are playing flag football. It's all part of our "get active" program, but I love that this is a very recreational league. They really are in it just for fun. Paul is the one in white with his legs stretching for miles. James and Mark had money to spend... and it was burning a hole in their pockets. After a few weeks of pestering me asking nicely, we found a little time to get to the store. James came home with a...
Beautiful photos, Laurie! It looks like a great day in the City...I did NOT know there is a memorial to Francis Scott Key!? That's so cool. In Golden Gate Park? I'll have to remember that and pay it a visit next time we are there:)
ReplyDeleteLaurie, that is a beautiful park. And so close to the museum? Bonus! I love fieldtrips like this.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a beautiful day at the park:) It is still raining in England:)
ReplyDelete